Friday, November 6, 2009

Tyler-isms

My boy makes me laugh. A few days ago we were all sitting on our bed and Tyler said, "I'm a lion." Steve asked him what animal Hannah was. He said she was a bat. Okay. Then he said "Mom, you're a rolly pulley (what we call potato bugs)." My thought was "I know I have some baby weight to lose, but a 2 1/2 year old can tell. That's sad." Tyler then said Steve was a duck. Silly boy!

That same night, Tyler created his first imaginary friend, named Jonathan. We told him it was time for Jonathan to go to bed, so he truly walked his friend into his room, gave him a high five, a thumbs up, and said goodnight to him. Steve and I were trying so hard not to laugh too loud and ruin the moment. Such an imagination!

Also, Tyler can talk very well for his age. He can say words like smoke detector and deciduous without skipping a beat. He cannot, however, say breakfast. No matter how hard we try to get him to say it right, it always comes out 'breaksticks." Proof that little ones are still just that, little and learning.

He is the friendliest kid you'll meet. The other day we were out walking to the playground and we passed a man coming out of his house. Tyler yells "Hi, what's your name." The man responded and asked Tyler what his name was. Tyler told him enthusiastically and the man said "cool." What did Tyler say? "Yeah, it is cool!"

Tyler is my favorite little man.

Oh, and just to compare, here is Tyler and Hannah at around two weeks. I know I'm biased, but pictures don't do Hannah's cuteness justice.

10 comments:

kalie said...

What a sweetie! I love my breaksticks the mostest!

Suzie said...

Such cute things they say. And way to go, Tyler, for picking a normal name for your imaginary friend (unlike a certain boy I know). Just wait until you have to keep the car door open for Jonathan, wait until he's buckled in before driving, or make room for him on a bench or couch.

As for the pics...you can definitely tell they're related but not carbons by any means. She definitely has the rounder face we talked about and I think the eyes are different. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Nice blanket for her background, by the way!! ;)

Jared & Tristan said...

I love hearing little kids talk! Guy has always been able to talk very well for his age too. But the one word he continually has trouble with it elevator. He always says "alligator" and after months of trying to get him to say it right he now says "elegator" so it's a little closer :)

What cute little blondies you have :)

Rachelle said...

So Cute! What a smart little boy he is!!!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Too fun! I love watching and listening to their growing little minds at work. Hannah is just too cute. I just want to give her a big snuggle.

Amylee said...

Sheesh! If you didn't know any better, you would think the bottom pictures were both the same baby. Pictures NEVER do babies justice. Although, both those pictures are very cute!

Greg and Abbey said...

Hey Pulleys,
Wow, they look almost the same! You have some adorable kids! :) What a great family.
Love,
Abbey

Trent and Whit said...

What a sweet boy you have! I can't believe how similar your kids look. . .wow! I definitely need to come meet little Hannah :)

Kiersten said...

Wow...you can definitely tell they're brother and sister! And I love listening to Tyler speak--when we came over for dinner and he was saying all of those funny, big words, it just made my day! They're just adorable. And I know what you mean about pictures just not cutting it--I'm always trying to get pictures of our little guy that show just how cute he is, but they never live up to it!

Dangela said...

I love hearing how Tyler is growing up. I wish you guys were closer--we miss you all and would love to see Hannah in person!