Monday, March 8, 2010

Celebration

As I have mentioned before, Tyler loves all things associated with Buzz Lightyear. He told me months before his birthday that he wanted a rocket cake. So I took the space/rocket theme and ran with it for the family party. Here is the homemade rocket cake, cookies (I made 60 and this is all that was left), and party favors (pop rocks, milky ways, and glow in the dark stars).

We reserved our clubhouse on Friday and had a fun pizza dinner with the family and cousins. Most everyone went swimming, played Rock Band, and ate their weight in cookies, cake and ice cream. As you can tell, Tyler had a great time swimming!

Since Sunday was Tyler's actual birthday, I decided to make him a fun special birthday breakfast. When he woke up and I told him Happy Birthday, the first thing he asked was if there was going to be more cake! He had fun getting phone calls throughout the day wishing/singing Happy Birthday.

We decided to have Tyler wait and open presents on his actual birthday. He got some puzzles, clothes, a flashlight, a few Toy Story related things (of course), and a fishing pole (from Dad)! As a parent, you just want to make things special for your kids. Despite getting gifts and such, I'm pretty sure he just loved being able to spend time with family.

And I couldn't help but post this picture!

14 comments:

Kiersten said...

What a cute party! I love the little favors. You're so creative!

Angie Lewis said...

How cute that you made everything themed - that's awesome! Sounds like it was a happy day for Tyler! :)

Cassy said...

I can't believe you have 4 month old and a 3 year old! I remember the days we would drink fresca and ride scooters at grandma's house in Brigham City. Your kids are cute. And the cake was just as cute too!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

What a fantastic party! I love how cooridinated and absolutely perfect you made it. Once again, Happy Birthday Tyler!

Trent and Whit said...

you are so creative (the cake, the party treats, the breakfast)! What wonderful memories he'll have. Happy Birthday Ty!

Rachelle said...

Nice work on the cake! Im impressed! What a fun party!!!

Amylee said...

So cute!!! The cake was adoreable. You are so creative, Erin! I am sure Tyler is still dreaming about his Birthday Party. What a handsome little guy. I can't wait to see fishing pictures in the near future!

Young Family said...

I love the breakfast. Guess what I will be making for breakfast Sunday?

kalie said...

He is grown up!! :)

Andrea said...

Hi Martha Stewart - I mean Erin! Cute cake and cookies. Sounds like a rockin time! Happy Brithday, Ty!

Dangela said...

Wow! Nice job,Erin!! What a fun birthday. Tyler looks like a little boy now, no longer a toddler. Time goes by so quickly!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Great birthday cake and I love the breakfast...ideas I might have to steal in the future. Happy birthday Tyler! I can't believe he has you reenact scenes so he can do it the right way. What an amazing little guy.

Amy

Greg and Abbey said...

awwww! what awesome parents! go girlfriend! i didn't know you could decorate cakes and cookies! i LOVED the breakfast! i laughed out loud! clever! what did you use for the black part of the eyes and the nose? love it. happy birthday tyler!

Shannon said...

That cake is such a good idea; I love the red licorice flames at the bottom. And 60 cookies?? Holy cow!