Within the past three months, two of our extended families have lost children. I guess children are so close to me right now that I can't help but ponder over this. I cannot imagine losing a child. My heart just aches for these families right now. My mind keeps repeating all the times in the past day I've lost my temper with Tyler. Thinking of these families losing their children makes me want to truly love every moment with my little loves. They aren't going to stay little for much longer, and I want to love the good and even the frustrating moments.
Not to get too 'preachy' or anything, but I've really been pondering on the birth and sacrifice of our Savior. Seeing these families lose a child, I cannot help but reflect on our Heavenly Father sacrificing his Son. As a parent that is beyond my comprehension. During the Christmas season and with the passing of these two family members, my heart is just full of love and appreciation for the
Christ child and my own two children.
5 comments:
Thanks Erin, that was a beautiful reminder of just how precious our littles ones are. My heart goes out to you and your family members.
What a great post! I too cant even imagine! My heart too goes out to your extended family!
I can't imagine it either. Someone once said that when Christ was praying to our Father in Heaven on the cross, that he wasn't responding because he was hiding in the furthest corner of the universe trying to cope with what was happening to his son. Hopefully your family members know enough to use the atonement to help them with their grief.
Just a few months ago a friend lost their little 22 month old son. I can remember just sitting and holding Ryker and Michelle and crying, just wanting to hold onto them forever. They are my greatest blessing, and I too need to remember to enjoy every moment, the good and not so good.
My heart goes out to your family. Having just recently attended the funeral of a friend who accidentally ran over his little boy, killing him, I understand your feelings now. These tragedies are a great wake up call to treasure those we love.
Post a Comment