Thursday, January 14, 2010

Would I?

I just finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. For such a heavy subject I was left with a feeling of warmth. The author's style of writing was actually quite refreshing. Who knew Death was so compassionate? For those of you who have read it, you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Over and over while I was reading, I kept asking myself the same questions. Would I have blindly followed? Or would I have been like Hans who did what was right because it was right, forget consequences, forget stopping to think? To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. Fear is powerful, as are words. So I guess some didn't just blindly follow, they were afraid. I just want to make sure I'm living each day being aware of what is right and actually do it.

4 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

I heard that book was really good - I've been wanting to read it! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I had also heard how wonderful of a book it was. And hearing such a good review, I think that I will have to make time to read it.

Greg and Abbey said...

What an adorable family you have! :) Hannah IS so cute in her Christmas dress! We will come see you guys soon.
Love ya

Merri Hackett said...

Sounds like a good book, i'll have to read it.